STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO, January 4 - At the direction of Governor Polis, CDPHE has moved Routt County to Level Orange, along with several other counties in the state effective Monday, January 4. All businesses, residents and visitors must follow the Level Orange capacity restrictions.
In the email to Routt County, CDPHE Director, Jill Ryan said, “The governor has announced that he is directing CDPHE to move all counties that are currently in the Red level on Colorado's COVID-19 Dial to the Orange level. He is making this move in response to a 13-day downward trend in state cases and a plea from counties that are suffering economically. This email is your official notification that as a county in Level Red, your Dial level will be Orange effective on Monday, January 4.”
CDPHE recently moved Routt County to Orange Plus which allowed restaurants to operate at 25% capacity or 50 people indoors, which is the same as Level Orange. Last week, CDPHE approved Routt County’s mitigation plan which allowed gyms, fitness centers and indoor pools to operate at 25% and outdoor pools at 50% and have last call at 10:00 pm. Moving to Level Orange on the dial also means:
- Personal gatherings are allowed up to 10 people and no more than two households
- Offices can now be at 25 % capacity, although remote work is strongly encouraged
- Indoor unseated events can be at 25% or 50 people with distance calculator
- Outdoor unseated or seated events can be at 25% capacity or 75 people
- See the whole capacity restrictions list here.