Facility Rentals


City Facilities

Planning a community gathering, special event or meeting? The city provides an array of venues, from historic and LEED certified buildings to outdoor venues and public spaces, perfect to host your function.

Community Center & Mesa School Reserved By Credit Card Only

Athletic Fields/Parks


Community Center

Two story building at dusk

Howelsen Beach (Shelter + Volleyball Court)

Pavilion in lawn

Howelsen Ice Arena Community Room


Mesa School House


Olympian Hall

Flags hanging from ceiling

Yampa River Botanic Park Green

Lake with trees and lawn

Facility Use Agreements

(An Executed Facility Use Agreement is Required BEFORE Approval is Granted)


Facility Rentals Register Online button


The City of Steamboat Springs has a No Fee Waiver Policy in regards to facility rentals. The following are the definitions of categories for the facility fee structure:


User may be a private individual or a for-profit organization using the facility for a non-profit purpose (such as an employee party).


This term refers to an organization incorporated under state laws and approved by both the state's Secretary of State and its taxing authority as operating for educational, charitable, social, religious, civic, or humanitarian (non-profit) purposes. Event organizers do not intend to realize any personal gain or profit. To receive non-profit rates you must provide proof of the organizations 501(c)3 status. As a non-profit you are not automatically exempt from sales tax. A "certificate of exemption" must be received to not be charged tax.


Commercial applies to a business or other organization whose primary goal is making money or a profit. It also applies to the promotion of a business and/or money changing hands in connection with the event in the facility, whether this is in the form of a sale, a charge to get in the door, or a fee previously paid to user (e.g., a class fee), not to whether the user actually makes a profit.


The term government includes all local, state, and federal agencies. To receive government rates your organization must have the authority to tax or be 100% funded by the government. This rate is applicable for government business events only, a non-profit rate may apply if the event is not for conducting government business.