The Steamboat Springs community kicked off the first long-range vision plan for downtown since 1999 in mid-April with two public workshops incorporating a public survey seeking insights from citizens.
The full Downtown Workshop Presentation as well as the Public Survey are available through the city’s website and engagement site in order to gather input from as many community members as possible. The public survey will close on May 11, 2018.
The Downtown Plan provides the opportunity to clearly state the vision for downtown and provide critical guidance that future decades will bring. This is a chance to ensure that qualities and character valued by the community are preserved while responding positively to evolving patterns in lifestyle, commerce, entertainment and recreation.
The survey has information and questions on topics including:
- Downtown uses including retail, dining, entertainment, office and residential
- Mobility and parking
- Housing diversity including attainable opportunities for locals
- Downtown character including building scale and design
- Culture, the arts and historic preservation
- The quality of the public environment including sidewalks, parks and public gathering spaces
- Economics including the cost of doing business and development