NOTE: Fees are applicable to Open Records Requests per City Council Resolution 2007-39.
- Non-refundable deposit required for all requests estimated $50 or more. Payable in advance, $25 per $50 request.
- First 4 pages – free, per requester, per year, excluding 24x36
- Additional pages - $.25 each (8.5x11, 8.5x14, 11x17), $.30 each (color), $5 each (24x36)
- Duplication of tapes/discs - $30/item
- Clerks research/retrieval fee – first hour free, then $30/hour (in addition to copy/scan fees)
The Colorado Open Records Act, also referred to as CORA (C.R.S 24-72-201 et seq.), requires that most public records are available to the public. The City Clerk's office is committed to transparency and open government.
The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining all historical, administrative, and legal documents related to the City of Steamboat Springs. Many of the records are available and accessible for citizens by request, as provided by CORA. Some city documents are confidential and privileged and may be withheld by law.