Bear Aware Steamboat - Keep Bears Wild
About Leadership Steamboat
Leadership Steamboat is facilitated by the Steamboat Springs Chamber and is designed to develop informed, committed and passionate leaders in business and community service. The 2021-2022 Leadership Steamboat class has created the Bear Aware program in conjunction with Christy Bubenheim with Colorado Parks & Wildlife to help educate the community and Keep Bears Wild.
To establish a sustainable and effective bear awareness program, through education and marketing, volunteers, and an annual community event to help reduce conflicts between humans and bears in the community.
- Bear Aware Event Volunteer:
- Attend training about preventing bear-human interactions
- Educate neighbors and friends on preventing bear-human interactions
- Represent Bear Aware Steamboat at community events
- Bear Aware Program Volunteer:
- Attend a training about preventing and responding to bear-human interactions
- Give community presentations about bear safety
- Respond on-scene to bears in populated areas to educate and keep people at a distance
- Bear Aware Organization Member:
- Meet with the Bear Aware Steamboat Committee
- Help raise funds and build community collaboration
- Plan an awareness campaign
- Maintain sustainability of the program
Interested in getting involved to help Keep Bears Wild? Click the button below to sign-up!
If you are interested in making a donation in support of Bare Aware Steamboat, you can send a check payable to the Steamboat Springs Chamber and reference "Leadership Steamboat-Bear Aware" in the memo line. We greatly appreciate your support in helping Keep Bears Wild!
For more information and to get involved, contact:
- Christy Bubenheim | Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Phone: 970.871.2855
- Email: email@example.com
- Volunteer Training
- WHERE: Rex's American Grill & Bar
- WHEN: May 11 | 5 PM to 7 PM