Gail Garey - District I
Gail Garey began her first term on City Council after winning the District I seat in the November 2021 election. Her campaign represented that present and future generations have the opportunity to live and work in this community and enjoy all it has to offer.
Prior to securing her council seat, Garey created her own business, Impact 360 Strategies, which empowers businesses to accelerate environmentally and socially sustainable practices. She has decades of community engagement and public service, including serving as a board member for the Yampa Valley Sustainability council and Organics Task Force.
As her children were growing up, Garey actively volunteered in the schools and with SSWSC. While working in the telecommunication industry, she served as a board member for the Colorado Rural Technology Program, chair of the Corporate Caucus for the Western Cooperative for Educational Telecommunications and was appointed to the Colorado Advanced Technology Institute Commission.
- Chamber/Board of Directors
- City Water Team
- Climate Collaborative Committee
- CML Policy Committee
- Economic Development Council (Alternate)
- Ethics Committee (Alternate)
- First Impressions/Early Childcare
- Housing Sub-Committee
- Mainstreet Steamboat (Alternate)
- Routt County Economic Development Partnership (Alternate)
- Yampa Valley Housing Authority (Alternate)
- Kansas State University - Journalism & Mass Communications
Contact Councilor Garey: 970.846.9897 or Email Councilor Garey