Municipal Court

Municipal Court sessions are open to the public beginning with May 5 appearances.

COVID restrictions in place - mask required.

You may pay any payable offenses online at this page or over the phone. Please see the back of your ticket copy for further court information.

ATTORNEYS: If you plan to attend, please contact the court prior to your court date.

JUVENILES: You must bring one guardian and may only bring one guardian.

 ALL PARTIES: Click HERE for court night information and disclosures

City-of-SS_Seal-2017-Municipal Court_2-ColorThe Steamboat Springs Municipal Court handles traffic cases, municipal code violations, and parking tickets. The court has original jurisdiction over all misdemeanor municipal code and traffic violations occurring within the city limits of the City of Steamboat Springs. 

Citations issued by the State Patrol, Routt County Sheriff, as well as some specific Steamboat Springs Police matters, are heard at the Routt County Combined Courts. Your ticket will state where you are to appear.


Municipal Court convenes at 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month in Centennial Hall, 124 10th Street. Please arrive early enough to sign in, as cases are heard on a first-come, first-served basis. Payable fines may be settled prior to the scheduled court date by calling the Municipal Court Clerk at 970-871-8277. Parking protests are heard prior to court, dependent on the parking docket. Call 970-871-8277 to be added to the docket. Parking protests may be heard on a drop-in basis after the 5 p.m. court advisements.

Online Payments

 Payments (Tickets) may also be paid by:

  • Phone: Call 970-871-8277 and pay via credit card
  • Mail: Follow the instructions on your ticket and pay with a personal check or money order. Please reference your ticket number on your check and include a copy of your ticket.
  • In Person: At City Hall, 137 10th Street. After hours payments can be made in the outside drop box.

Reference Links

How Is The Court Doing? 

The City of Steamboat Springs Municipal Justice System is made stronger by your input. If you have feedback on the court or municipal judge at any time, please email the court

Additional Information

For more information about municipal court or information regarding moving violations, fine payments, bench warrants, parking tickets and parking ticket fines, or plea bargains, stop by the Municipal Court Clerk's office in City Hall at 137 10th Street or call 970-871-8277.