Yampa River Clean-Up - Saturday, July 9
The City of Steamboat Springs and Friends of the Yampa will be hosting the first river clean-up event of the summer on Saturday, July 9. This annual event spans many miles of river and engages volunteers to give back to the Yampa River and reminds us all to respect the Yampa by keeping it clean and trash free.
- Date: Saturday, July 9
- Check-In: 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM
- River Clean-Up: 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- Lunch & Celebration: 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- Location: Meet @ Little Toots Park (55 12th Street, Steamboat Springs)
To help streamline event check-in, anyone interested in volunteering is asked to sign up online by Friday, July 8 at 2 PM. The online portal allows volunteers to pick the stretch of river they would like to clean and provides basic details and instructions for cleaning each stretch of river.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
If you are unable to sign up in advance, no worries, just come to Little Toots Park between 9:00 AM and 9:30 AM to receive an assignment and pick up your cleaning supplies.
What To Bring/Wear
If you plan on attending, make sure to bring and wear the following:
- Adequate Footwear (goof for walking in and along the river banks)
- Thick Glovers (for picking up sharp items such as glass and metal)
- Weather Appropriate Clothing (sun shirt, raincoat, etc.)
- Bug Spray
We will provide trash bags, non-latex gloves and a limited number of pick-up sticks.
Post Clean-Up Celebration
Meet back at Little Toots Park at 12 PM to inventory your trash and enjoy a free lunch and cold beverages.