Vision, Mission, Values & Goals
To preserve our past while assuring an economically, culturally, and environmentally sustainable future.
We plan, partner, and provide superior services and a safe environment in our thriving, authentic community.
Highest Priority Goal
- Develop a long-term fiscal sustainability plan for the city, which incorporates revenue diversification, cost recovery, asset performance for facilities, and community education and outreach.
- All Things Emergency Services
Additional Council Goals (non-prioritized)
- Community Engagement: Develop and implement a community engagement plan which emphasizes key messages through multiple channels to the community and encourages participation in the public process in advance of council decisions.
- Define city policies and processes to facilitate viable options for diverse community housing opportunities.
- Howelsen Hill –
- Work with all public stakeholders to develop a community vision, strategic plan, master plan, long term sustainable financial plan and long term maintenance plan for Nordic, jumping, alpine and summer usage.
- Work with the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club on clarifying the Joint Use Agreement for Howelsen Hill in the context of the community vision and strategic plan for the ski area.
- Downtown Master Plan: Community discussion and master plan for character of downtown area. (Including land uses, density, height, parking standards, etc.)
- Define parking problem and investigate solutions for parking in the downtown area.
- Long Term Water Planning: Identify and implement strategies to promote water supply resiliency: prepare for growth, plan for drought & wildfire, plan for a Colorado River Compact Call, plan for water conservation, develop redundant water supplies.
- Combined Law Enforcement Facility (CLEF) – shovel ready to ribbon cutting
- Downtown Improvement Project – complete the project