TV 6 Programming Policies
Steamboat TV6 Scheduling Policies - Programming
Programming fulfilling the mission of Steamboat TV6 shall be informational in nature but this does not preclude the broadcasting of events where some advocacy may take place.
Steamboat TV6 will be responsible for the scheduling of programs and PSAs. Program scheduling is at the sole discretion of the City Manager and the Information Systems Manager.
Typically, City Council and Planning Commission meetings (public meetings) will be aired until a newer version is available. There is no requirement for public meetings to air a specific duration or frequency. Videotaped rebroadcast of the public meeting of various councils, boards and commissions are not to be construed as being official minutes of those meetings. These cablecasts are presented only for the convenience of interested citizens and may not be complete. The official minutes of the meetings are available from the City Clerk. During videotaped rebroadcasts of these meetings, “gavel-to-gavel” coverage will be provided as much as possible.
Steamboat TV6 Scheduling Policies - Bulletin Board
Bulletin board graphics scheduling is at the sole discretion of the City Manager and the Information Systems Manager.
Programming Acquisition and Exchange
Liaison and exchange with other governments and non-profit organizations involved with programming/broadcasting shall be established and maintained. Cooperative arrangements and agreements with educational programmers, broadcasters, cable companies and other production groups may be established for efficient operations and communications in the City. Partnerships with other organizations and individuals are encouraged where the mission of Steamboat TV6 is furthered.
All Steamboat TV6 programs produced by Steamboat TV6 will remain under the copyright control of the City of Steamboat Springs unless one of more of the following apply:
- The program is produced strictly as a “work-for-hire” for, and funding is provided by an entity other than Steamboat TV6 or the City of Steamboat Springs.
- Language in a grant, or other funding source which pre-exists the production of the work, establishes a different, related entity as the copyright holder.
- An agreement is signed and approved, prior to production of the work, granting ownership of copyright to a different, related entity, such as the funding source or the host, moderator, or creator of the program.
Copyright clearance must be obtained in advance for copyrighted materials used within a program or (for outside programming) for the entire program itself.
Sponsorship or Underwriting of Steamboat TV6 Programs
Steamboat TV6 will accept, at its discretion, sponsorship or underwriting of programs. Any sponsored program (in full or in part) by a commercial, civic or private entity may carry a brief underwriting statement at the beginning and/or end of the program, which will be stated in a previously approved manner or one of the following ways:
This program is sponsored in part by ________________________.
This program was produced in part by ________________________.
This program is made possible through a grant made from _______________________.
The following/preceding program is made possible through a grant from ________________.
Financial partnerships can be created when the filming of political debates or governmental meetings might not otherwise be covered in the Steamboat TV6 budget.
Use of company logos, call to action or other advertising type language will be accepted as negotiated by the Information Systems Manager. A schedule of sponsorship is as follows:
- Front credit will be provided for a sponsorship of $1000 or more.
- Tail credits will be provided for a sponsorship of $500-$999.
- Front and Tail credits will also be provided when in-kind services are provided that equal standard sponsorship amount.
Omissions & Errors
Steamboat TV6 shall not be held responsible for the inaccuracy of information or programming due to human or technical error.
Prohibitions on Use
The facilities and resources of Steamboat TV6 shall not be used for the following:
- Obscenity, pornography, or indecent material.
- Programming that is slanderous, libelous, or defamatory.
- Any advertisements on behalf of a political candidate or ballot measure.
- Any advertisements for the sale of goods or services.
- Programming that violates local, state, or federal laws.
- Programming that violates FCC rules and regulations.
- Lotteries, gambling, or other games mentioning prizes
- Religious programming.
Use of Steamboat TV6 During Emergencies
City of Steamboat Springs use of Steamboat TV6 during emergencies and disasters declared by the City Council and/or their designee has absolute priority over other programming. During such emergencies or disasters, Steamboat TV6 shall be permitted to accept live, taped, character generated and audio information from other governmental or non-governmental entities when such announcements are deemed by the City Manager or Information Systems Manager to provide important public information pertaining to emergency, disaster, or other conditions requiring the protection of the public health, safety and welfare.